Hunter College Offers Free Summer Program for 7th – 12th Graders to Learn Chinese Language & Culture
Highlights of the program include: An initial three-week conversation camp, where students will learn how to conduct simple interviews in Chinese on topics such as sports, shopping, family, how to give directions and introduce oneself.
* A four-week online instruction will focus on developing literacy skills. Students will learn how to write characters and develop reading skills through the use of innovative web-based multimedia materials developed by the Chinese faculty at Hunter.
* After the four-week literacy online instruction, students will be able to read short stories and write short essays, e-mails, and letters in Chinese.
* Fun activities such as calligraphy, field trips, skits, games, pop songs will be integrated into language learning.
* Students will be assigned a language partner in Beijing to conduct a language and culture project in each other’s target language to increase mutual understanding via the online virtual community.
* 11th and 12th graders can earn 3 to 6 college credits.#
More information is available at: http://hunter.cuny.edu/classics/chinese, e-mail Chinesesummer@hunter.cuny.edu or call 212-772-4965.#