New Cultures and Customs in
New Year at the Children’s
Experience Dora’s Latino
World This January By Visiting The Children’s Museum
of Manhattan, Where Fun
And Educational Programs And Performances
Focus On International Culture and Customs!
* Dora’s New Year in
the Rainforest, Sunday, January 2nd 11am, 12, 2, 3 & 4pm.
Trek with Dora on an imaginary New Year expedition through
the rainforest. Kids can make rainforest animal masks based
on the patterns and colors of chameleons, spider monkeys,
toucans and frogs.
* Mexicano Mural: Que Colores! Saturday, January 8th 2, 3 & 4pm; Sunday, January 9th 11am, 12 & 2pm. Visitors
can be inspired by Mexican artist Diego Rivera’s murals
and then create a large-scale mural about their own community.
* Los Pleneros de la 21 (Performance), Saturday, January 8th 2 & 3pm. Traditional Puerto Rican
bomba and plena music and dance come alive!
* Dance the Merengue, Sunday, January 9th 3 & 4pm.
Swivel your hips, move your feet and dance the Merengue with
Violetta Garlagarza, dance and founder of Keep Rising to the
* The Magic Tent, Saturday, January 22nd 3 & 4pm. Hide
inside the Magic Tent and listen to a wild story that will
take you on a mysterious adventure through Alaska. Then come
with us on an exciting Treasure Hunt to find the clues and
solve the mystery!
* Sonido Islendo (Performance), Saturday, January 29th 2 & 3pm.
Sonido Isleno (“island sound”) blends the traditional
Puerto Rican, Dominican and Cuban music with jazz and contemporary
rhythm and blues. Citigroup is proud to sponsor The 2004-2005
Neighborhood Concert Series, a program of the Weill Music Institute
at Carnegie Hall.#
The Children’s Museum of Manhattan
is located at: The Tisch Building 212 West 83rd St. New York.