for Packing School Lunch
Here are some tips on how to make lunches more exciting and more
healthy for your child this school year:
1. Cut cheese into triangles, circles or sticks.
2. Use cookie cutters on sandwiches to make fun shapes.
3. Layer meats, cheese, fruits and vegetables on a toothpick as
4. Substitute sodas with pure fruit juice, milk, mini water bottles
designed to attract kids, or water in a can (it pops just like
5. Keep soft items in containers to avoid a squashed lunch.
6. When packing a cold lunch freeze any item that you can, such
as the drink. It will thaw by lunch-time while keeping the rest
of your child’s food cool.
Education Update, Inc., P.O. Box 20005, New York, NY 10001. Tel:
(212) 481-5519. Fax: (212) 481-3919. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All material is copyrighted and may not be printed without express consent of
the publisher. © 2001.