Anniversary Guessing Game
2013 and 2014 hold memorable anniversaries of great significance. How many of these famous anniversaries can you name?
1. This national banking institution that was created during Woodrow Wilson’s presidency turned one hundred. Can you name this central banking system?
2. This song sang at the opening of almost every sporting event in the country was written by Francis Scott Key two hundred year ago. Can you name this popular anthem?
3. This jolly holiday of a movie premiered fifty years ago and is the inspiration for a new movie currently out in theaters. Can you name this Disney classic?
4. This author who took the road less travelled passed away fifty years ago. Can you name this great poet?
5. This gritty novel written by John Steinbeck turns seventy-five. Can you name this book?
6. This school turns one hundred and twenty five this year and boasts prominent alumni including Christine King Farris, Merryl Tisch and Education Update’s own Pola Rosen. Can you name this Upper West Side institution?
7. Fifty years ago, this president was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. Can you name this former leader?
8. This musical first debuted on Broadway with songs such as “Sunrise, Sunset” and “If I Were a Rich Man” fifty years ago. Can you name this Tony award-winning musical?
9. It was at this famous event fifty years ago that Martin Luther King told the world about a dream. Can you name this momentous event?
1. 100th of Federal Reserve
2. 200th of the Star Spangled Banner
3. 50th Anniversary of Mary Poppins
4. Robert Frost
5. 75th Grapes of Wrath
6. 125th Anniversary of Teachers College
7. John F. Kennedy
8. Fiddler on the Roof
9. March on Washington